Instead of reaching for industrial bleach or the M2A1-7 flamethrower, try using white vinegar instead. Now, I know many of you are disappointed, hoping the flamethrower would be the first choice. Vinegar may not be as fun, but at least you will have a house to come home to. Restaurants have been effectively using vinegar, to clean cooking surfaces for years. If you need to get to surfaces not easily reached by wiping them down, try filling a spray bottle and saturate the area. Let it sit. 82% of the mold strains can be eliminated, by vinegar alone. For tougher mutant molds, try two teaspoons of tea tree oil and two cups of water. Again, the smell will be strong and can linger a few days, in addition to being toxic to animals. So, tea tree oil is the last resort, when you are wanting to fight molds, without using harsh chemicals.