Here are things that have proven time and time again:
- Bicycles are a great way to get around.
- Exercise helps your health.
- Bicycles are a good source of exercise.
- Exercise can make you happier.
- Bicycles are a sustainable transportation solution.
- Exercise reduces mental strain.
- Bicycles + exercise can slow the aging process:
Scientists who analysed the physiological functions of more than 120 regular cyclists aged between 55 and 79 failed to find any of the obvious signs of ageing that they would normally observe among people of the same age.
The volunteers – 84 men and 41 women – had to be able to cycle 100 km (62 miles) in six and half hours for men and 60km in less than 5.5 hours for women. Smokers, heavy drinkers and those with high blood pressure and other health conditions were automatically excluded.