100 things we didn’t know last year is a year-end list put together by the BBC, and it’s a fun list. I read all 100!
Some selections from the list:
1. Coach travel is the safest form of road transport in the country.
6. Dishcloths are purged of 99% of their bacteria during two minutes in a microwave.
26. Harvesting rhubarb in candlelight helps preserve its flavour.
35. Denmark is the happiest country in Europe; Italy the unhappiest. (The UK was 9th out of 15.)
54. The Australian town of Eucla has its own time zone.
74. Sheffield FC is the worldâ€™s oldest football club.
91. In Iceland, 96% of women go to university.