People seem to not like change and changing from a car that produces smog to a car that produces less smog is shocking for some. They don’t know what is true and what isn’t true when it comes to information about hybrid vehicles. CNN has tried to clarify what people should consider when buying a hybrid car and other points that aren’t that important.
Of their list below only three are “legitimate” concerns.
- Hybrids have complicated technology that is difficult or expensive to fix
- Hybrids have limited battery pack life
- Hybrids have technical problems like stalling and sputtering
- Hybrids do not pay for themselves to justify their premium cost
- Hybrids do not offer the driving performance needed
- Hybrids will not hold resale value
- Hybrids do not get the level of mileage promised